Technology that helps patients to live in their own homes for longer, an interactive patient messaging system, and a company that develops new medical products were among those singled out for praise at a healthcare awards ceremony.
The innovations were thrown under the spotlight at the 2013 UK Healthcare Business Awards, organised by health technology support consultancy, Medilink UK, and the South East Health Technologies Alliance (SEHTA).
The competition was open to small and medium-size enterprises based in London, Middlesex, Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire and recognises achievements made within the healthcare sector.
Five companies received awards. They were:
- Docobo, a company that delivers technology-based services to keep people living in their homes healthily for longer
- Message Dynamics, a leading provider of interactive patient messaging services used by NHS and commercial healthcare companies in both primary and secondary care
- Deltex Medical, a UK medical technology company that designs, manufactures and markets the CardioQ-ODM Oesophageal Doppler Monitor, which is cited as one of six high impact innovations to be adopted by the NHS in 2013/14
- Morgan Innovation and Technology, a company that takes new medical products and develops and manufactures them for the market. Its flagship product is the Neurotherm range of medical equipment for pain relief.
- The Native Antigen Company, a specialist manufacturer of high value bacterial and viral proteins for use by in-vitro diagnostic and pharma companies.
Commenting on their award, Brian Hamilton, director of Message Dynamics, said: “We are delighted that our work with the NHS has won us this award. We think this is an excellent competition that provides companies such as ours with a platform on which we can showcase our innovations and achievements.”
Andrew Maxwell, chief executive of The Native Antigen Company, added: “Recognition such as this is motivational to the team and goes a long way to raising our profile with both investors and our customers.”